The quickest way to find everything a tenant in West Lothian might need when moving into a new property or relocating to the area for the first time. Go Local! points you in the direction of local services in and around West Lothian and the surrounding area.
Got something to add? Suggest a council service.
1) Whatever your age there are things to enjoy in West Lothian
- Whatever your age there are things to enjoy
- Our heritage and history
- Discover the great outdoors
- Five Sisters Zoo
- Eating Out
- Health Services
- Everything Else
2) Our heritage and history in West Lothian
- Whether it's exploring the great outdoors, learning about our heritage and history or visiting a zoo, there is something to suit everyone in West Lothian.
3) Discover the great outdoors in West Lothian
- West Lothian has some of the finest historic sites in Scotland, including Linlithgow Palace, Hopetoun House and the Union Canal.
- West Lothian is rich with green spaces and play parks and also benefits from three country parks in West Lothian. A wide range of outdoor activities are available at each Country Park and include fly-fishing, walking, golfing, archery, canoeing, rock climbing and bowling as well as restaurants and a caravan and camping site.
4) Five Sisters Zoo in West Lothian
- In Livingston, you'll also find Almond Valley Heritage Centre, an award winning museum, farm and discovery centre where all the family can spend the day together exploring and having fun.
5) Golf in West Lothian
- With a wide variety of mammals, birds and reptiles from all over the world on show, the zoo is a fun and educational day out for all ages.
6) Theatres in West Lothian
- - Deer Park Golf and Country club offers a 6,272 yard course, which has hosted many major championships such as the Scottish PGL Championships and the British Open Qualifiers. For those who wish not to play golf Deer Park also has a bowling alley and its own leisure club and swimming pool. Uphall Golf Club is more for those wishing to be members but still accommodate visitors with a small number of bars, which serves meals throughout the day.
7) Shopping in West Lothian
- Whether you fancy catching a show or taking part in an activity, the local theatres and venues are just the place to do this. Why not check out Howden Park Centre and Bathgate Regal Theatre.
8) Eating Out in West Lothian
- There are two large shopping centres in Livingston. The Centre and Livingston Designer Outlet, where you'll find a wide selection of designer and high street shops. Armadale, Bathgate and Linlithgow town centre are also well served by a variety of local and high street shops. West Lothian is well served by supermarkets.
9) Nightlife in West Lothian
- From classy eateries, family friendly restaurants, scrumptious teashops to good pub grub, West Lothian has cuisine to suit all palates.
10) Health Services in West Lothian
- Nightlife in West Lothian is not hard to come by; with most restaurants and bars offering wide entertainment for every night of the week, whether it be rocking out to your favourite tribute band or singing along to karaoke, West Lothian has it all. For those who love to party, West Lothian has a wide range of clubs such as Club Earth (a hotspot with DJ celebrities) in Livingston and The Twig situated in Bathgate.
11) Everything Else in West Lothian
- There are various different health centres dotted around West Lothian with the major hospital St. John's located in the centre of Livingston. Parking facilities and bus routes for all NHS sites are easily marked so you will have no problem getting to and fro.
Landlord Registration Scotland
Landlords and agents can apply for registration with all local authorities in Scotland, track their applications and inform registering authorities of any changes to their details. Tenants can check to see if their landlord is registered.
Landlord Accreditation Scotland
Gain an overview of LAS the voluntary scheme by which landlords/letting agents can assure tenants that they adhere to high standards as outlined in Scottish Core Standards for Accredited Landlords. It also give details of training courses available.
Private Rented Housing Panel
The Private Rented Housing Panel (prhp) - provides tenants/landlords with information on your rights / responsibilities in relation to rent / repairs
West Lothian Private Sector Housing Advice for landlords
West Lothian Private Sector Housing Advice for landlords Get information on becoming a landlord and renting your property in West Lothian. It will give you a range of options on various topics that you may find useful.
West Lothian Private Sector Housing Advice for tenants
If you rent from a private landlord and there is a problem with the building - either inside or out - then look here for advice and who to contact.
West Lothian Private Sector Housing Benefit Advice
Local Housing Allowance is a way of working out, and paying, Housing Benefit for tenants of private landlords. Access information on this, find out current rates of benefits, how to apply and how it can be paid.
West Lothian Advice Shop
The council's Advice Shop can assist you with advice in relation to other benefits and welfare information. Access information on what you can get assistance with, where the Advice Shop is located and hours of opening.
West Lothian Environmental Health Services
The primary role of Environmental Health is to protect the health and welfare of the people in West Lothian. Access information on what you can get assistance with, how to contact Environmental Health Services and hours of opening.
West Lothian Housing Multiple Occupancy (HMO’s)
It can sometimes be quite complicated to work out when a HMO licence is needed. For help in working out whether the law applies to you or your house and to access more information and contact details look here.
Moving or just moved to West Lothian - information and advice here which we hope you find useful